FlowJo Portal is our new annual user-based licensing service that grants users access to FlowJo and SeqGeq software.
A FlowJo Portal Group Licensing is a user-based licensing system for institutions with at least 5 users that run FlowJo and/or SeqGeq. It is billed annually and is the most cost effective way to license multiple users at the same institution or lab. Included below is some basic administrator information that you will need to familiarize yourself with in order to effectively manage your FlowJo Portal Group License.
- It is against our EULA for users to share FlowJo Portal accounts, so users should not share their username/password with other users.
- Group licenses are self-managed with administrator tools in FlowJo Portal. As the internal administrator of the group license, you will be able to invite, suspend and modify users access to your group license.
- Only primary admins receive correspondence from FlowJo, including renewal reminders 30 days prior to expiration.
- Co-admins may be added by sending us a request to email@example.com once the person has created a Portal account at cloud.flowjo.com. There is no limit on number of co-admins
- Admins and co-admins can be, but do not have to be, users themselves. If they wish to be, an invitation must be sent like other users.
- Should you need to invite users with an email suffix different than the admin’s, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get the new email suffix added to the approved list.
- We recommend creating custom fields for the group license (if needed) prior to inviting users to join.
- As a reminder, each user who is active on the group license will be able to sign in to FlowJo on up to 4 computers of their choosing, one computer at a time.
- Additional seat quotes may be requested by emailing email@example.com directly or by replying to this email.
- Users are granted the ability to remove/replace up to 4 devices annually. Once these 4 replacements are used, users will not be able to remove/replace any more devices until their annual authorized devices reset date.
- If a user on the group license needs to manage their authorized devices (computers), please find helpful information here.
- When managing your FlowJo Portal account, we recommend using google chrome.
To utilize your FlowJo Portal administrator privileges you may want some initial simple instructions. If so, you’ve come to the right place! For more in-depth instructions specific to each tool, please click here.
Accessing Admin Tools
Sign into your FlowJo Portal account (cloud.flowjo.com). Click on your FlowJo Portal avatar on the upper right and choose Admin Tools from the drop-down menu. This will take you to the administrative tools where you can manage licenses and user access to the various FlowJo software products available from your FlowJo Portal suite. You can choose the product to manage by selecting on the appropriate tab at the top of the page.
On the left there is a menu to select between different tools: Users, Invites, Custom Fields, Reports, or Settings. These interfaces have some differences depending on the product you select.
The Users tool is where you can manage individual users access to their license/product. You can invite, activate, marked users inactive and set deactivation dates for users with this tool. As a Admin, you can modify which users are displayed with the license status drop-down selector and the search field. Displayed registrations can also be sorted by column by clicking on the ‘carrot’ icon next to the header.
Adding User(s): To add users to your product license click the “Invite Users” button within any of the product tabs. You can enter one email address or a list of comma or line separated email addresses. This will generate an email user invitation to sign up for FlowJo Portal. That email comes with instructions to create a FlowJo Portal account. Once the account has been created and the user has accepted their group license invite, they will immediately be registered on the license. If you are inviting users in bulk, FlowJo Portal will only allow you to send invites to 100 emails at a time.
Note: You can only add users up to the number of seats that you have purchased and users must have email addresses that are on your institution’s email suffix whitelist.
Managing User(s): You can check the box next to a user (or multiple users). Doing so will activate the “Manage Users” button where licenses and permissions can be managed.
Administrators can view and manage the list of users who have been invited to join the group license by selecting the Invites tool. Here Group License Admins can resend and or revoke invites to users.
The Custom Fields tool enables you to collect user information to effectively collect information about your users. Some group license customers use this tool to collect department information for sub-billing purposes. Do not collect sensitive information with this feature as we do not encrypt this information in our database.
The Reports tool varies greatly based on the product tab selected and associated license model.
The Reports page displays the number of purchased seats, assigned seats, and available seats. A link to “Contact Sales” will prompt you to email our Sales and Licensing experts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Settings page is where your product license settings can be customized. There are currently minimal settings but there will be new functionality released in the near future.
The FlowJo and SeqGeq tabs display your institution’s whitelisted email suffixes. This ensures that only users associated with your institution can join your license. If you would like to add subdomains to your approved email suffix whitelist, contact email@example.com.
For further assistance getting started with your FlowJo Portal Group License, please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org