A Search field is provided in both Workflow views and in Explore view.
Workflow Filter view, showing the Search field.
Workflow Detail view, showing the Search field.
Explore view, showing the Search field.
To locate items, enter text into a search field. As you type, results appear in the results list, and refine as you continue to type.
Searching in Workflow Filter View
In Workflow Filter view, search affects the workflow list.
Typing in the search field narrows the workflows appearing in the list to those whose names contain the search text.
Any filtering of the workflow list works together with search. In the following example, typing a string in the Search field removes the workflow that does not contain the string.
Workflow Detail view, showing the Workflow list with the Search field empty.
Workflow Detail view, showing the Workflow list after “1030” is entered into the Search field.
In the following example, a search string has already narrowed the workflows listed in the Workflow list. Selecting a study in the Study list reduces the list further, while staying within the results of the text search.
Workflow Detail view, showing the Workflow list before selection.
Workflow Detail view, showing the Workflow list after selection.
Searching in Workflow Detail view
In Workflow Detail view, search affects the file list. Otherwise, search works similarly to search in Explore view.
For example, typing text in the search field narrows the files appearing in the list to those whose names contain that search text. Also, selecting a file in the listing causes the project and/or study that workflow is part of to highlight gray.
- Files with names that include the search text appear in the File List. Search results only include files that are part of that workflow.
Searching in Explore View
In Explore view, search affects the file list.
- In Explore view, files with filenames that include the search text appear in the File list.
- While All-Projects is selected, search results include files anywhere in FlowJo Envoy, regardless of what item is selected at the time of the search.
- While All-Projects is deselected, search results include files under the current selection. For example, if a study is selected in the Study list, search results will only include files within that study or workflows within that study.
- If you need to know where a file is located, click the file to select it. The project, study, and workflow that contain the file highlight gray. To de-select the file, select anything else.
- If the File List includes files from more than one item, FlowJo Envoy does not highlight an item at that level.
In the following example, files in the File list will be part of the Stad Lab study, but might be part of any of the three workflows listed.