Use this view to check status of a specific workflow, and to view and change details about that workflow.
Click this button to close Workflow Detail view and return to Workflow Filter view.
Workflow Information Panel
This panel, located at the left side of Workflow Detail view, contains detailed information about the displayed workflow.
At the top of the Workflow Information panel is the name of the workflow.
Located at the upper left corner of the Workflow Information panel, this indicator gives the state of the workflow. For more information on workflow states, see Workflows, Workflow States.
- Instructions—The filename of the file designated as instructions for this workflow. For instructions on how to designate an instructions file, see Administer a Workflow.
- Workflow Created—The username of the FlowJo Envoy user who created this workflow, and the date this workflow was created.
- Last Update User—The username of the FlowJo Envoy user who last updated the state of this workflow, and the date this workflow was last updated.
- Completed On—The date this workflow was marked Done. If this workflow is Running or has not yet been started, this field is blank.
Start/Suspend Workflow Button
Click this button to stop or start work on this workflow. For instructions on how to administer a workflow, see Administer a Workflow.
At the top right of Workflow Detail view is a representation of the sequence of the workflow’s steps as a series of chevrons, ordered from left to right. If you can’t see the step you want, use the scrollbar at the bottom of the sequence to scroll the chevrons sideways.
To choose which step is detailed in the Step Details panel (see below), click a step chevron. The currently selected step is marked with dark blue bars above and below the step’s chevron.
For instructions on how to edit steps, see Edit a Step.
Use this button to add a new step to the workflow. For more details on how to add a step, see Create a Workflow, Add a Step.
Use these buttons to change the order of steps in the workflow. For more details on how to reorder steps, see Create a Workflow, Reorder Steps.
Workflow Comments Panel
Users can leave text messages for others to see when they view the workflow. This can be useful for leaving a message for the next operator, such as letting them know about an unexpected result, supplying details to the rest of your team on why a workflow has been suspended, reporting an error in the instructions, or any other event related to the workflow.
All comments are attached to a workflow; if you want to comment on a specific step, mention the step in the comment. All comments are tagged with the user name of the registered FlowJo Envoy user that posted them, and the date and time the comment was posted. Comments are listed with the most recently posted at the top.
For more details on how to post comments to a workflow, see Administer a Workflow, Comment on a Workflow
Use this field to compose new comments. Comments can be up to 273 characters in length, and can contain special characters.
This list contains a scrolling list of comments made on the workflow, in the order they were posted. Each post is tagged with the date and time it was posted and the user name of the registered FlowJo Envoy user who posted it.
Step Details Panel
This panel displays information about the currently selected step. The selected step is indicated by dark blue bars above and below the step’s chevron.
- Step Name—The name of the step.
- Done button—Click this button to toggle the step between the Done and Running states. For more information on step states, see Steps.
- Last Update—The user name of the last registered FlowJo Envoy user who modified the step.
- Assigned to—The registered FlowJo Envoy user responsible for completing work on the step.
- Step Instructions—The filename of the file designated as instructions for the currently selected step. For details on how to designate an instructions file, see Administer a Step.
- Instrument—Names of any equipment needed to complete the step. For more information on how to add and change instruments for a step, see Add an Instrument to the Instruments List and Create a Workflow, Add an Instrument to a Step.
- Block This Step—Click this button to block or unblock the step. For more information on step states, see Steps.
Workflow Files Panel
Use this field to locate a file by name. To locate workflows, type text into the search field. It is not necessary to press Enter; as you type, workflows with filenames that do not match the search text disappear from the file list. For details on how to use this field, see Search.
Use this menu to display the Action menu, which provides commands for manipulating many elements of FlowJo Envoy’s data hierarchy. This button only appears when a file or folder is selected in the File List. For details on these actions, see Action Menu.
This button displays the official FlowJo Envoy help site (this site) in a new browser window.
This list displays files and folders that are part of the currently selected step.
- If text is typed in the Search field, only files with filenames matching the search string are displayed.
- If no text is in the Search field, all files that are part of the currently selected step are displayed.
To display the contents of a folder, double-click the folder. To close the folder and return to the previous level, click the Back button at the top of the File list.
By default, files are sorted alphabetically by filename. To change the sorting criterion, click the column. For example, to sort files by size, click the Size column.
Drag files to this box to upload them to the currently selected step. For details on how to do this, see Administer Files.