The purpose of Explore view is to organize everything a laboratory does. Use this view to organize and keep track of all your projects and files.
While Workflow Filter view and Workflow Detail view are about keeping the progress of the work on track, Explore view is about keeping everything organized. This view works like the file system on a computer, but is designed for laboratory work.
This field shows the name of the currently-selected group. All workflows and other data you have access to are part of a group. If you have access to more than one group, you can switch groups by clicking this field and selecting another group from the list.
This field appears below the group field. Select this field to turn off filtering, making all items visible at all levels.
While All-Projects is selected, all items at all levels are always visible.
Parent items to the selected item are highlighted in gray. For example, if a study is selected, its parent project is highlighted gray.
While the All-Projects button is de-selected, selecting an item hides all items below its level that are not part of that item. For example, when you select a study, the project it is part of is highlighted gray. At the same time, only workflows and files that are part of that project are visible in the Project list and File list.
Selecting a project automatically deselects All-Projects.
Use this menu to display the Action menu, which provides commands for manipulating many elements of FlowJo Envoy’s data hierarchy. For details on these actions, see Action Menu.
This list displays all the projects in the current group.
This list displays all the studies in the current project, unless All-Projects is selected or text is typed into the Search field.
- If All-Projects is selected, this list displays all the studies in the selected group.
- If All-Projects is de-selected, this list displays all the studies in the selected project.
This list displays all the workflows in the current selection, unless All-Projects is selected or text is typed into the Search field.
- If All-Projects is selected, this list displays all the workflows in the selected group.
- If All-Projects is de-selected, this list displays all the workflows in the selected project or study.
To narrow down the files displayed in the file list, enter text into this field. For more information on how to use this field, see Search.
This button displays the Action menu, which provides commands for manipulating many elements of FlowJo Envoy’s data hierarchy. For more information on using this button, see Action Menu. For more information about the operations you can initiate from the Action menu, see the pages that deal with those operations:
- New—Create a Project, Create a Study, Create a Workflow
- Open—Administer Files, Open Files
- Rename—Administer Files, Rename a File
- Move—Administer Files, Move Files
- Copy—Administer Files, Copy Files
- Delete—Administer Files, Delete Files
- Upload—Administer Files, Upload Files
- Download—Administer Files, Download Files
- Download ACS—Administer Files, Download Files
This button displays the official FlowJo Envoy help site (this site) in a new browser window.
This list shows all files and folders within the selected project, study, workflow, or folder.
Similarly to the project, study, and workflow lists in Workflow Filter view, the file list displays files based on what is currently selected in the
- If All-Projects is selected, this list displays all the files in the FlowJo Envoy group.
- If All-Projects is not selected and no text is entered in the Search field, this list displays all the files in the selected project, study, or workflow.
- If All-Projects is not selected and text is entered in the Search field, this list displays all the files in the selected project, study, or workflow whose filenames contain the search text.
If the currently selected file is located within a folder, the path to the file is shown at the top left the list, the path to the current file listing, including the project, study, and workflow the currently selected file belongs to. Clicking any item in this path selects that item.
To display the contents of a folder, double-click the folder. To return to the level above, click an item in the path.
The following image of the File list showing the contents of a folder called Preliminary, which is inside a folder called Validation Flow Data. If you wanted to return to the Preliminary folder, you could click Preliminary in the path.
By default, files are sorted alphabetically by filename. To change the sorting criterion, click the column. For example, to sort files by size, click the Size column.
Use this box to add files to FlowJo Envoy. For more information on uploading files, see Administer Files, Upload Files.